We’re taking a look at all the things that lead up to your big day, straight from Wedding Wire’s 2020 Newlywed Report. Check on all the facts and figures and see how you compare to others!
The Love Birds
Based on 25,000 couples married in 2019, here’s what we know about our married couples to-be⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 71% date 2+ years before getting engaged⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 88% have spoken about future finances⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 41% have traveled outside of the US together⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 27% own a home together⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 49% have a pet together⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 27% grew up in different regions of the country⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 in 4 met online⠀⠀
Prep + Planning
And since many of you are in the planning stages of your wedding, we’re breaking down what goes into it for couples all across the country!
- Nearly 60% of couples increase their budgets along the way
- 79% of couple use a wedding website to share details with their guests⠀⠀
- On average, couples hire 15 vendors for their wedding day
- 88% of planning is done online
- The top wedding date for 2019 was October 19⠀
And on the Big Day
- 46% of couples had a “first look” before the ceremony
- 38% wrote personal letters to each other
- 91% had a first dance
- 36% asked for guests to “unplug” during the ceremony⠀
Any SURPRISES? Show of hands—how many of our engaged couples are the majority of these true for them?